myspace code

Please keep checking back for updated content.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

26 - 29 weeks

My parents and I went to Mexico, it was a much needed vacation. It was very relaxing and I ate mostly local cuisine which is very limited in salt. As a result, I lost a lot of the water retention in my feet. They are still a full size bigger but I can see my ankles now!

My doctor visits have been going well. I have slightly elevated blood pressure but since I'm not getting headaches or have proteins in my urine, he says it's probably due to stress. I've gained just 9 pounds but the doctor is not concerned. My tummy is measuring properly and I've started feeling him move on a regular basis. Next week is my last monthly visit. Once at 30 weeks I start to go in every 2 weeks. Once at 36 weeks, I go every week until baby comes.

I'm still very much determined to have as little intervention as possible - meaning no induction and no drugs! I suspect that he is breach right now which in NV, requires a C-section. I'm confident that he will turn when he is ready. I have chosen Hypnobirthing for the method I will use to have a natural delivery. It uses guided imagery and deep relaxation techniques to keep the laboring mommy peaceful and calm. My first class is next week. I will also hire a doula to assist on birthday. Unlike a midwife, doula's do not deliver babies. They simply act as a coach for labor or even just an advocate to make sure the doctor and hospital are respecting my birth plan. If you are pregnant, or plan on becoming pregnant - I highly recommend you watch the documentary "The Business of Being Born."

Here's the latest pic of my ever growing tummy. Due to high demand, I'm showing my bare belly this time!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

your looking good prego!

Unknown said...

that dress looks good on you too!

Anonymous said...

UR TUMMY IS soooooooooo CUTE!!!!!!